Friday, August 20, 2010

F

We talked about Foxes (our F below- it's a stretch I know!) on day 1. We read a couple of books about them and we played Pin the Tail on Swiper (a printable from nickjr.com)

On day 2, we read a couple of "Rainbow Fish" books. and made a lower case 'f' fish. You can't tell from the picture, but he has several shiny scales (tin foil)

*The alphabet ideas were from Totally Tots**

Day 3 we talked about Families. We worked on spelling our last name, and talked about Family relationships (aunts, uncles, cousins...) We made a family tree, which I thought turned out too cute! It was especially appropriate this week because one of the Great Grandma's died this week and it was a great way to remember her and talk about Eternal Families. Do you like our stick figure great grandpa's?? I didn't have pictures of them because they died before I was part of the family.
Day 4 we talked about Firemen. I discovered a wonderful thing called Lapbooks recently, they are a brilliant way to teach different skills. Here is the fireman one I blogged about a while ago.
Front Cover, it's a puzzle that we glued on.
Back cover. It's a shadow matching game, in the top left is a pocket for the pictures, the shadows are glued on.
The inside. It has a patterns game, spelling my name game, counting game, colors and fireman word flash cards. So far it's been a hit!


I've done as much as I could to reinforce the 'F' thing, but he still can't remember what letter it is to save his life. So we'll probably have to work on it some more. I'm not in any big hurry though. I know it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment